Saturday, November 12, 2011

Bob Newhart has nothing on Deborah

   Yes, I have a therapist. Her name is Deborah and she is one of the very few, healthy women I know. We discuss issues like, should I stop wearing my wedding ring or move into the guest room. She helps me focus on myself, which is amazingly difficult after years of caring for others. Meditation, being outdoors, bubble baths and being kind to myself when I use too much food, for comfort, are all things I'm working on.
   The bubble bath has proven to be a particularly beneficial practice. With candles lit, a glass of wine and my Caress body wash, I laid back to enjoy some ME time. Immediately the 40 pounds of  my overabundance rose to the top of the water, like cream. It was beautiful, it glowed in the candle light. I've been telling myself I need to lose 25 pounds. This is truth telling my friend. I've got a pretty good eye and there is at least 40 pounds of excess flesh. Another perk of the bubble bath is that warm water really does magnify alcohol! 1 glass of wine feels like 3. So i saved around 200 calories!
   There is also a down side to bubble baths, at one point I felt like I might shave my arm, I think it was the 3 glasses of wine. It's also not that easy to get your skinnygirl out of the tub with all that beautiful, glowing, fat trying to get out too.
   Thank you Deborah, for helping me become the selfish person that I know I can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment