Friday, December 23, 2011

What does crack smell like?

  Well, things just continue to get more interesting here in Splitsville!

  Why does the house smell like burning plastic?!? Funny, I never smell it during the day but once I'm tucked all snugly in my bed there it is again. I jump up and race through the house once again, this time determined to find it. Is there a bread wrapper melting on the stove?  No.  Did one of the grand kids leave a crayon on the wood stove?  No.  Is the wiring in the house on fire?!!?!!  I search like a bloodhound and narrow it down to my soon to be ex husband's bedroom. Just before I fling open the door to tell him he's on fire, it hits me.

  I walk to the computer room and Google," What does crack smell like?" Yes my friends that's right, burning plastic. To be fair it could be meth.

  After 23 years of being drug free, here I am inhaling an addicts disgusting fumes.

  My husband who has been clean for 12 years, has not and is not.

  The good news is, March is closer then ever. Freedom from his lies and manipulation is dead ahead.

  I studied and passed the Paraprofessional test and am now employed with the local school district and have applied for an even better paying job with them. I'm going to be just fine.



7 comments:

  1. Whoa... smoking crack and/or meth in the house like that is pretty bad.... I'm so sorry you have to deal with that!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're getting rid of the bum! You sound like you're on your way to a whole new life with good things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gonna wash that man right outta' ya hair.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is really scary. I'm sorry for your troubles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crazy! Sorry you've got to live like that. Like Barbara said, it sounds like you're going to be better off soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your thoughts. I'm reading a book by Eckhart Tolle that's amazing. Listen to this; “Any action is often better than no action, especially if you have been stuck in an unhappy situation for a long time. If it is a mistake, at least you learn something, in which case it's no longer a mistake. If you remain stuck, you learn nothing.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle, Come March my life is going to get MUCH better, AND I learned something!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes!! Sounds scary. It's awesome to hear your making changes. :)

    Kick ass.
    Take names.
    Wishing you much joy in the New Year and in your New Life! <3

    ReplyDelete